My local grocery store (Publix) has their bakery balls of pizza dough on sale for buy-one-get-one-free this week. I bought two last time they were on sale and still had one in the freezer. I thawed it out today to make homemade garlic knots.
This is the “after” photo. There weren’t many left after dinner.
Here’s how to do it:
- Mix olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian season and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Tear pieces of dough and roll them into balls.
- Dip the balls in the olive oil mixture and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Brush the tops with more of the olive oil mixture while warm.
These were a huge hit. We ate them with spaghetti and salad.
I’m going to buy more dough while it’s on special this week, but the homemade garlic knots were so good, I don’t know if I’ll ever make pizza with it again!